blog banner photo PhotoGrid_1421873873020-1_zpsc01ea8a5.jpg

Sunday 22 March 2015

Princess Interview with Princess Charlotte


When were you diagnosed? And were you ill for long before then?
I was diagnosed in October 2012, just over a year after first becoming ill.
What did you do before you had ME?
I was a Reception teacher.
How did ME first present itself in you?
Chest infection/sinus infection that wouldn't go away, followed by complete bodily melt down.
What is the biggest thing that you miss that ME has stopped you from doing?
Dancing and listening to music, reading books, independence, walking, being able to go wherever I want whenever I want...... to name but a few.
How do you remain hopeful and/or happy?
I remind myself of the many reasons I have to be grateful. I also think back to how I was at my worst point and celebrate how far I have come both physically and mentally. Getting upset or angry will not change my life or make me well so I  am determined to enjoy myself as much as my limited energy will allow. I laugh more now and feel happier and more confident about myself than I did when I was healthy.
What were your reasons for joining The Princesses and ME/ Team Princess?
It just seemed like a fun thing to do and a great chance to make friends.
Do you have any specific plans for what you are going to do for the event?
I have my costume at the ready although I still need a few accessories. I'm thinking outside the box this year because I'm not really into princessy stuff.  I'll be active on social media  for the day as I'll be on my own so won't be able to go out.
If you had 3 wishes what would they be?
For me and my spoonie chums to get well.
A cure for ME.
To be happy.
Which Disney Princess do you most relate to?
I'm not really into Disney and relate much more to badass swashbuckling princesses. If I had to choose a Disney princess, I'd go for Jasmine from Aladdin because she sneaks out of the palace dressed as a commoner so she can have adventures.

Thanks Charlotte for taking part in this interview. You can hear more from her on her blog The chronic ills of Mookpixie. This year Charlotte will be supporting Action for M.E and you can donate to her from April 12th.

Stay tuned for 2 more Princess interviews next week. If you would like to take the interview then please get in touch.

Queenie x

No comments:

Post a Comment